Sponsorship & Donations
Our Funding Priorities
Emera New Brunswick sponsors and donates to support worthy organizations in the communities that are home to the Brunswick Pipeline. Employees also volunteer and raise money to support organizations and causes in these communities.
Our investments, including sponsorships and donations, will focus on:
Across Emera’s operating companies, safety is our top priority. We partner with programs that share this value by investing in opportunities that make our communities safer and more accessible for everyone.
Innovation is a key driver of growth for our business and our communities. As we collectively work towards a more sustainable future, we need new and diverse ways of thinking. We invest in innovative projects that enable new ideas, approaches, and solutions to the issues that our communities face.
We’re committed to supporting our future leaders by investing in opportunities for young people to learn and grow. We partner with initiatives focused on education and career development, helping to create stronger, more diverse, and inclusive communities for future generations.
Apply for Funding
Emera New Brunswick reviews donations and sponsorship proposals 3 times per year in March, July and November. Generally, we do not review proposals outside of these time frames. Once the review is complete we will email a response sharing our decision on Community Investments. Please ensure that you apply with enough lead time to have your opportunity considered.
|Expected Response Date
|February 29, 2024
|April 30, 2024
|June 30, 2024
|August 30, 2024
|October 31, 2024
|December 15, 2024
With so many worthy causes in need of assistance, it’s tough to decide which organizations and programs to help. We use the following guidelines to help us allot our donations and sponsorships.
- We contribute primarily to causes that align with our funding priorities: safety, innovation and youth opportunties.
- Organizations and initiatives that support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is another lens we use when reviewing funding requests.
- We believe in contributing where we can truly make a difference–both with our time and our financial resources.
- We choose causes where we believe our impact will be a source of pride for our employees.
- We want our employees to see the differences our contributions are making, so we give where we live and work, and in the communities that are home to the Brunswick Pipeline.
- We are unable to support the following types of requests: religious activities or religiously-affiliated groups, capital campaigns, requests for conference or travel expenses, debt reduction or operating costs, for-profit organizations or government programs.
To apply for sponsorships or donations, please fill our the online application form.