Emera New Brunswick is committed to building long-term, productive relationships with First Nations communities in New Brunswick.
During construction of the Brunswick Pipeline, we worked to increase the quantity and quality of First Nations participation in our workforce, both through full-time employment and contracting opportunities.
Emera New Brunswick has supported the following First Nations events:
- St. Mary's Sports Authority – Sponsorship of the New Brunswick Indian Summer Games
- Sponsorship of the First Nations Festival during Saint John 225 Celebrations
- Tobique Labour Day Committee – Sponsorship of the Tobique Powwow
- New Brunswick Aboriginal Sport and Recreation Authority (NBASRA) – Sponsorship of the North American Indigenous Games
- Tobique Labour Day Committee – Sponsorship of the Tobique Labour Day Festival